Visiting Doha is like time travel. At the gateway to the Arabian Desert and bordering the Persian Gulf, the current capital of Qatar stands out for its state-of-the-art architecture, just as it surprises with the cultural testimonies of an ancient world. Between tradition and modernity, get ready to plunge into the heart of a true land of contrasts.
Lyon (LYS) - Doha (DOH) flight
Book a flight Lyon-Doha from Lyon-Saint Exupéry
5 flights per week will be operated by Qatar Airways (link to company page) as from June 23, 2020.
Prepare your trip to Doha
French nationals are exempt from visa requirements for stays in Qatar not exceeding 90 days (whether traveling alone or with others). The Visa exemption is to be claimed upon arrival in Doha by presenting:
- A valid passport. Please note that the validity of the passport must be more than 6 months in order to have the right to enter the country.
- A confirmed return flight ticket or a confirmed connecting flight ticket.
It should be noted that transit passengers also have the possibility to benefit from a free transit visa. An application can be made online from the Qatar Airways website. It concerns stopovers lasting between 5 hours and 96 hours.
Services at Doha Airport
- Upon arrival:
- Several dispensers are available: in the arrivals hall, before and after the immigration post.
- Possibility to change foreign currency in the arrivals hall.
- 16 car rental companies are present in the airport: Al Muftah rent a car, Avis, Hertz, Elit Motors W.L.L, Platinium rent a car, Sixt Etc.
- Please go to the arrivals hall, at the Mowasalat Limousine kiosk, to book a chauffeur-driven limousine.
- At departure:
- Restaurants: a wide choice of establishments (brasserie, fast food, café).
- Shopping: Hamad International Airport has one of the largest duty-free shopping areas in the world.
- Relaxation: Lounge areas, art exhibitions, a spa or fitness centre with a swimming pool are available at the airport.
- Services dedicated to families: strollers, activity stations equipped with televisions, computers and playgrounds, rooms reserved especially for parents to take care of their babies, etc.
Leaving the airport to Doha
To reach downtown Doha from Hamad International Airport (DOH), you can choose from the following modes of transport:
- The bus: several bus lines of the Mowasalat Company provide connections between the airport and downtown (757, 777, 109, 747, 737, and 727). Shuttles vary in frequency from 20 to 60 minutes depending on the destinations served.
- The metro: it provides quick and easy access to the center of Doha. Take the red line to reach downtown. The Souq Waqif stop allows you to make connections with the other 2 lines of the network.
- Taxi: It takes about 20 minutes to reach Doha downtown from the airport by taxi.
- Car or limousine rental.