Also named the ‘Wind City’, Essaouira is a port town in Morocco, a country of a thousand faces. Unforgettable natural sites, a medina classified as a UNESCO world heritage site and a rich artistic life blend behind its two-hundred year old ramparts. The pearl of the east Atlantic is also ideal for water sports lovers. Fly to this port town whose shores will leave you with lasting souvenirs!
Flight from Lyon (LYS) to Essaouira (ESU)
Book a Lyon-Essaouira flight from Lyon-Saint Exupery airport
The British company, EasyJet, provides regular flights to Essaouira-Mogador airport from Lyon Saint-Exupery. With 2 flights per week, the airline company proposes direct flights on Tuesdays and Saturdays. This destination will be available from 31st October 2017 to 24th March 2018.
Prepare your journey to Essaouira
When preparing your journey to Essaouira, ensure you have the required documents:
- You are a French citizen: you must hold a passport that is valid for the entire duration of your trip.
- You are not a French citizen: you will be asked for a valid passport or other travel document. It must correspond with the visa issued to you by the Moroccan Embassy, if a visa is required for your country of origin.
Services at Essaouira-Mogador airport
Essaouira-Mogador airport provides a number of services for an easy and serene arrival and departure:
- Exchange Bureau: you can change your currency to Moroccan Dirham at the airport.
- Car hire: 2 companies operate at Essaouira-Mogador airport, Hertz and Alamo.
- Baby/children spaces: the airport toilets are equipped with child facilities, specially adapted for children and baby changes in total security.
- Restaurants: you can have a meal at the airport where you will find a choice of eateries.
Airport transfers to Essaouira
The airport is situated 16km from Essaouira. Transfer services at your disposal in arrivals will help you reach the city and enjoy its charms rapidly.
- By public transport: There is a bus from Essaouira-Mogador airport to the city. The bus journey takes approximately 25 minutes.
- By taxi: you will find small and large taxis (all are white and blue) at the airport exit. The small taxis serve all areas of the city, both the old and new town.