Located in the central province, Yaoundé is the political capital of Cameroon. These two nicknames: “the city with the Seven Hills” and “the town with wild boars” describe it perfectly: although urbanized, it flirts not only with the surrounding nature but also with age-old traditions, such as the famous period of the hunt for wild boars! Yaounde is certainly a singular city, which will not leave the traveller insensitive.
Lyon (LYS) - Yaoundé (NSI) flight
Book a Lyon Yaoundé flight from Lyon-Saint Exupéry
To discover the capital of Cameroon, various flights with stopovers are offered from Lyon, throughout the year. Plan your stay in complete serenity by taking advantage of the regular flights departing from Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport.
Prepare your trip to Yaoundé
Formalities for travelling
Before flying to Yaoundé, European Union citizens must ensure that:
- They hold a valid passport during the trip, but also 6 months after the return date;
- They possess a tourist visa (valid for 30 days);
- They have a round-trip or continuation air ticket;
- They have a proof of a place of residence during the stay;
- They have an international vaccination notebook mentioning vaccination against yellow fever (obligatory to enter Cameroonian territory).
For nationals outside the European Union: obtain information from the Cameroonian embassy or consulate in their country of origin. The formalities of entry into the territory may differ from one country to another.
Services at Abidjan Airport
- Services on Arrival
Financial services: banks, exchange offices and ATMs are located in the main hall. The local currency is the Central African CFA franc (XAF).
Vehicles rental: a car rental desk is available in the Arrivals Hall.
Luggage trolleys: luggage trolleys are available to passengers in the luggage delivery hall and on the esplanade of the airport.
Luggage complaints service: a luggage complaints service is located in the luggage delivery hall.
- Services on Departure
Restaurants: restaurants and cafes offer a varied meal to be eaten on the spot or for take out.
Shopping: local craft shops, a duty-free shop and a newspaper stand allow travellers to make last-minute purchases.
Telecommunication: Wi-Fi is accessible and free throughout the airport. A post office is also available at the traditional opening hours.
VIP Lounges: four private lounges are available at the airport.
Transfer from airport to Yaoundé
Yaoundé-Nsimalen International Airport is located south-west of Yaoundé, about 27 km from the city centre. Several options are available for travellers to reach the capital.
- Traditional taxis: yellow taxis await passengers leaving the airport. It takes about 30 minutes to reach the city centre.
- Private taxis: two private taxi companies with air-conditioned vehicles also offer their services. It is advisable to ask your hotel to book the trip.
- Shuttle buses: before your arrival, you can ask your hotel to organize your shuttle transfer. The cost of the transfer is negotiated at the time of your request.